Don’t let the title scare you. This has nothing to do with feet.
Here’s how to make my incredibly good smelling (haven’t tried it yet) tomato sauce.
Edit: it tastes divine.
- 500g (17.5oz) of cherry or vine tomatoes
- 3-4 whole cloves of garlic
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh basil
- salt and black pepper
- Spray oil
- 1-2 tsp of sukrin gold or other sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 200 or 400f
- Place tomatoes, onion and garlic in an oven proof dish,
- Spray with the spray oil and season with a little salt. Mix to evenly coat.
- Roast in the oven until tomatoes have softened and onion and garlic have started to caramelise. Approx 45 mins depending on your oven.
- Add the mixture to a blender, with the fresh basil and blend until smooth.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Stir into cooked pasta or use as a sauce for a variety of dishes
- You can then refrigerate for up to 1 week in a re-sealable jar
- Also suitable for freezing
in case of leftover tomatoes: make salad.
Tomatoes in action:
look at that beauty. I even put basil on top for the aesthetic.