omg if I ever make carrot doughnuts I’ll call the post
I donut carrot all.
Let’s not make one of those posts where before you get to the recipe you have to read the author’s biography or a 560 work story about how in their childhood they ate a carrot and wanted to make carrot cake granola since then. So here’s what you need:
- 2 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped or whatever nuts you have really just throw them in there
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 large or 2 small carrots, peeled and grated
Wet ingredients (ew wet) (no wait MOIST hehe):
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 170 C || 340 F
- Wash and peel the carrots and then grate either using a box grater or using the fine grater attachment on a food processor – this will result in finer shreds of carrot
- Add the carrot with the other dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted together, and then stir through the dry ingredients (that’s what the og says but I just threw them in there I also didn’t follow the other instructions or anything really)
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and bake around 20 – 25 minutes. Stir after 15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the granola especially during the last 5 – 10 minutes to make sure the edges do not burn.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the tray.
- Transfer to a large air-tight container and keep stored for up to three weeks.
or as the spanish say: